Latest news

Thursday, 9 April 2020

April 2020

Serving notices

If the tenancy began after 1st October 2016, you must have served a valid Gas Safety Certificate and Energy Performance Certificate on the Tenant before serving a Section 21 Notice.

If You rented to a company then they will not have an Assured Short hold Tenancy and we will need to serve a Notice to Quit. This is a 28 day notice and can also be used for any type of breach of contract.

If the tenant has stopped paying the rent or has breached the contract, then a Section 8 Notice can be used, you need to be aware that there will always be a hearing.