Property licensing applications made easy
DID YOU KNOW THAT FAILING TO HAVE THE CORRECT LICENCE FOR YOUR PROPERTY CAN LEAD TO CRIMINAL PROECUTION AND A HEFTY FINE, A RENT REPAYMENT ORDER AND THE INABILITY TO SERVE YOUR TENANTS WITH A SECTION 21 NOTICE OF SEEKING POSSESSION?
An estimated 160,000* private rented homes requiring a property licence in London, many landlords find themselves struggling to understand the rules and yet fearful of getting things wrong.
We are delighted to say that in partnership with McDowalls Chartered Surveyors, and London Property licensing, have developed a unique, hassle-free, one-stop-shop service to help you obtain the correct licence for your property.
OVER 450 LICENSE APPLICATION THROUGH THIS SERVICE HAS ALREADY BEEN APPLIED FOR WITH A 100% RECORD SO YOU AND YOUR PROPERTY WILL BE IN EXPERIENCED AND VERY SAFE HANDS.
OUR SERVICE WILL ALSO YOUR PROPERTY COMPLIES WITH SMOKE AND CARBON MONOXIDE ALARM (ENGLAND) REGULATIONS 2015,HELPING TO KEEP YOUR TENANTS SAFE AND AVOIDING A PENALITY OF UP TO £5,000.
PLEASE NOTE THAT LANDLORDS WITH 4 OR MORE PROPERTIES BENEFIT FROM A 10% DISCOUNT!
We aim to keep the process simple
For property pricing with in the London area, we offer reasonable fixed fees for processing your license application from start to finish:
- Selective licence application (excluding licence application fee): £500+ VAT
- Mandatory HMO or additional licence application, up to six occupants (excluding licence application fee): £600+VAT
- HMOs with 7 or more occupants: Price on application (POA)
- Advice on obtaining the correct licence for your property
- A useful information pack about the licence application process including how to maximize licence free discounts,who should be the licence holder and an explanation of the documentation you will need to provide.
- A site visit, measured floor-plan and Energy Performance Certificate.
- A template notification form that you can send to everyone with an interest in the property-this is a legal requirement.
- A fire safety procedure and a property manager notice (essential im HMOs).
- Preparation of a hard copy or online licence application form.
- Telephone advice from an experienced Environmental Health Officer during the licence application process(fair usage policy applies; advice is restricted to issues associated with the licence application).
- A free initial telephone consultation with a property taxation professional (up to 20 minutes).
- Gas Safety Certificate
- Periodic electrical inspection report
- Portable Appliance Testing
- Fire Risk Assessment POA
- Fitting a carbon monoxide alarm
- Fitting a smoke alarm (10 year lithium battery)
- Fitting a radio-linked Aico smoke alarm
- Arranging 2nd site visit due to lack of access
- Expert assistance from an experienced Environmental Health Officer to liaise the with local authority,prepare representations or assist with the appeals process.
- £60+ VAT
- £200+ VAT
- £70+ VAT
- £150 to £250+ VAT
- £60+ VAT each
- £30+ VAT each
- £75+ VAT each
- £100+ VAT
- hourly rate, POA
You need to act now
Between april 2011 to march 2014,there were 580 prosecutions** against london landlords who failed to comply with the law. don't make the same mistake as them. you can pay a small price forgetting your property licensed.Alternatively, you run the risk of damaging your reputation as a landlord, incurring financial penalties and criminal prosecution.
TO FIND OUT WHAT LICENCE SCHEMES APPLY IN YOUR AREA, VISIT WWW.LONDONPROPERTYLICENSING.CO.UK AND CLICK ON 'SELECT BOROUGH'
* Based on London Property Licensing research, Nov 2015 to March 2016
** Based on London Property Licensing research, Nov 2014 to March 2015